The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Arnold® Bread so that I could try the product and share my thoughts and information about Arnold®. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Arnold® Bread.
Sandwiches are the go-to food in my family. When I was growing up we had sandwiches for lunch just about every day. We ate lots of bologna, egg salad, peanut butter and banana, and spam sandwiches with sliced tomatoes and mayonnaise. We packed a cooler full of bologna sandwiches to take with us on our summer road trips. On Friday nights, we celebrated the end of the work week with hearty Italian subs drenched in seasoned oil and vinegar dressing that we made ourselves. On rainy days and lazy weekends, we made BLTs, grilled cheese, or fried bologna sandwiches. All of these sandwiches were made with white bread.
While we’re still big sandwich fans, our taste in bread has changed over the years. We usually eat multi-grain or honey wheat breads because I can get the kids to eat these breads without a hassle. My husband usually frowns at bread other than rye, but he will eat a light multi-grain or honey wheat bread. Recently, we had the opportunity to try Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls and Arnold® Healthfull® Breads. All of Arnold® Whole Grain Sliced Breads and Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls contain/are:
- 3 to 4 grams of fiber per slice or thin
- Zero grams of Trans Fat
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Cholesterol free
The newly launched Arnold® Healthfull® bread varieties contain/are:
- Made with 100% whole grains
- Good source of fiber
- 80 calories per serving
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Heart healthy
- Zero grams of Trans Fat
Did you know that health authorities recommend munching on 25-38 grams of fiber and 48 grams of whole grains per day, much of which may come from whole grain products like Arnold® Whole Grain Sliced Breads or Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties? If you’re not sure of how many grams of whole grains you are getting, look for the Whole Grain Stamp found on all of Arnold® Whole Grain Sliced Breads and Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls. Find out more about the nutritional value of Arnold® Whole Grain Sliced Breads and Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls by visiting the Arnold® Bread website or on the Arnold® Bread Facebook page.
A classic egg salad sandwich was the perfect fit for the Arnold Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins®. The multi-grain rolls have a mild but hearty grain flavor that’s not overwhelming for those of us who are not used to eating whole grain breads. My husband, the harshest bread critic in the family, loved the Sandwich Thins®. He ate three egg salad sandwiches 🙂 My daughter spread a thin layer of cream cheese topped with sliced cucumbers and tomatoes on her Sandwich Thins®.
Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
- 6 Arnold® Healthy Multi-grain Sandwich Thins®
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup celery minced
- sliced pickles
- sliced tomatoes
- leaf lettuce
- In a large pot, add eggs and enough water to cover eggs. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Let the eggs boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; put eggs in cold water. Peel the eggs once they're cool enough to handle.
- In a medium bowl, chop eggs with a pastry cutter or smash with the back of a fork. Add mayonnaise, celery, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- To assemble sandwich, place leaf lettuce and tomatoes on bottom of Sandwich Thin®. Top with about two heaping tablespoons of egg salad, sliced pickles, and top of Sandwich Thin®
Steel cut oats and honey sounds like the perfect bread to make a breakfast sandwich. I think it would be a fantastic choice for cinnamon and sugar toast, but we all went for a classic BLT with a little extra kick. For a 100% whole grain bread, the Healthfull® steel cut oats and honey was surprisingly mild and delicious. It made for a great ham and cheese sandwich for lunch the next day.
Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Sandwich Recipe
- 12 slices of Arnold® Healthfull® Steel Cut Oats & Honey
- 1 pound turkey or pork bacon
- 1 to mato sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- leaf lettuce 6
- 6 slices of pepper jack cheese
- Spread mayonnaise on each slice of bread. On one slice, place leaf lettuce, 2 avocado slices, 2 or 3 slices of bacon, cheese, 2 slices of tomato, and second slice of bread.
Overall, we found the Arnold® Whole Grain Sliced Breads or Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls to be enjoyable, delicious, fresh—and healthy.
Arnold® Bread is excited to launch the second annual “America’s Better Sandwich” Contest! The sandwich architect whose filling matches the goodness of Arnold® Bread will win a grand prize of $25,000. Before entering an original better sandwich, entrants should make sure their recipes include any of the Arnold® Whole Grain Sliced Breads, including the new Healthfull® bread varieties, or any of the Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties.
This year’s contest includes five (5) exciting sandwich categories including:
- “Creative Classics” (nutritious spins on sandwich creations that have stood the test of time, such as grandma’s club sandwich, BLT or other old-time favorites)
- “Fueling Good” (these sandwiches should incorporate ingredients that help boost your energy such as healthful fats, protein, fiber and iron)
- “Open-Face Artistry” (sandwiches are works of art for the world to see, and these snacks and meals announce their ingredients—like sharp cheddar or tasty tuna— sans second slice, highlighting bold colors and textures)
- “Breakfast in Bread” (these sandwiches, featuring nutritious breakfast favorites like eggs and yogurt, invoke images of cozy mornings in bed or boisterous brunches with friends)
- “Love, Healthfully” (celebrate our new Healthfull® Breads with innovative recipes that play off nuanced, foodie-approved ingredients like honey, flax and sunflower seeds)
The recipe in each sandwich category with the highest score will receive a $5,000 category prize. Entries will be accepted June 15th – August 23rd, online consumer voting will take place September 21st – October 18th, and the winners will be announced on National Sandwich Day- November 3rd. Arnold® bread will donate one loaf of bread (up to 100,000 loaves) to Feeding America for each valid entry submission during the entry period and vote received during the online voting phase of the 2015 “America’s Better Sandwich” Contest.
$25 Visa Card and Arnold® Bread Coupons Giveaway
Enter today for your chance to win a $25 Visa Gift Card and Arnold® Bread Coupons!
Olives-n-Okra is hosting the giveaway. The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Arnold® Bread.
I shared this post at some of these amazing link parties.