- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage about 1 pound
- 4 russet potatoes peeled and cubed (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup heavy cream
- two or three pinches of freshly chopped parsley
Melt half of butter in skillet over low-medium heat. Add cabbage and toss with melted butter. Cover and cook until cabbage is tender, about 30-35 minutes.
While cabbage is cooking, boil potatoes in generously salted water until tender. Drain well, then mash with potato masher or with mixer set on low speed. Add remaining butter, parsley, and 1/2 cup cream. Mix well. Add additional cream, if desired.
Mix potatoes with cabbage. Salt as desired.
Calories: 224kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 3gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 17mgPotassium: 671mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 395IUVitamin C: 25.2mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 1.4mg