Ham and Vodka Sauce for Pasta Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 pound ham steak diced (1/4 - 3/8 inch)
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vodka good quality, but not high end--we use Stolichnaya
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4-5 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 pound cooked and drained penne rigatoni, or farfalle
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 3-5 minutes.
Add ham, tomatoes, and vodka. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the sauce has reduced somewhat.
Stir in cream and Tabasco. Cook for about 5 minutes more, until the cream has heated through.
Toss with pasta and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.