The information and products have been provided to me by Steviva™. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I was recently given the opportunity to try Steviva™ brand products. I chose Fructevia™ to help me reduce the sugars in one of my favorite muffin recipes. Fructevia™ is made using Non-GMO crystalline fructose, and the natural ingredients of inulin, stevia extract (from the stevia rebaudiana plant) and magnesium carbonate (to prevent caking). Fructevia™ reduces sugar 2 to 1 when baking, and because of the crystalline fructose, it retains caramelizing and browning features like —sugarmaking it perfect for baking!
By using Fructevia™ instead of table sugar and brown sugar, I used half the sugar than I normally would in a muffin recipe. The muffins were equally delicious and did not have an after taste that often remains when using some sugar substitutes.
Make whole wheat reduced sugar banana nut muffins with ripe bananas. Puree or mash the bananas until no lumps remain. Mix the Fructevia™ with the banana puree, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Add the wet and dry ingredients together, fill a muffin pan, and bake for about 12 minutes at 350 degrees. The delicious aroma of nutty, sweet banana bread will fill your kitchen. My son loved them – he ate 11 of the 12 muffins.
Whole Wheat Reduced Sugar Banana Nut Muffins
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Fructevia™
- 1 1/2 cups banana puree about 4 bananas
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat muffin pan with baking spray or line with baking tins.
- Beat together oil, eggs, vanilla, Fructevia™, and banana puree. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full of batter. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on baking rack about 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and buy the product, I will receive a very small commission of the sales price at no cost to you.