Stuffed clams, or stuffies as Rhode Islander’s call them, are a family favorite. We don’t know the origins of this recipe other than a friend of my mom’s gave it to her. If you like clams, you’re sure to like stuffed clams.
Stuffed Clams Recipe
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 6.5 ounce cans chopped claims, drained
- ½ green pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- ¾ cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- paprika for garnish
- shells scallop shells are good
- Put pepper and celery in food processor and chop fine.
- Heat butter in pan and add pepper and celery. Sauté for about five minutes. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into shells and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes. Sprinkle with chives and paprika.