My mom and dad came up with this recipe one day when the two of them couldn’t decide what to do with the large jars of sun-dried tomatoes they buy at BJs Wholesale. The large jar is too much for the two of them, so a few of the partly used jars of tomatoes ended up in the trash. Eventually, my mom and dad made a point to find uses for the tomatoes to keep from throwing them away. Spaghetti with Italian Sausage and Sun Dried Tomatoes is the result of their brainstorming. Buying smaller jars of sun-dried tomatoes will work too.
Spaghetti With Italian Sausage & Sun Dried Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- ⅔ cup white wine
- 1½ cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Sauté sausage in one tablespoon olive oil until done, about 5-6 minutes. Add the white wine. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Add the sun dried tomatoes and spices and stir together.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add about ¼ cup water from pasta to the sausage mixture and stir. Cook for another 1-2 minutes. Serve over spaghetti. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.