Here’s an easy recipe for roasted cauliflower, one of my favorite sides. When I was growing up, we usually fixed cauliflower with oil and vinegar just like we did with beets, broccoli and Brussels sprouts. I still eat these sides with oil and vinegar, but lately I’ve taken to oven-roasting just about any vegetable I can. Many recipes add the cheese to the cauliflower before it’s roasted, but I like to toss the roasted cauliflower with grated Romano fairly soon after it’s removed from the oven.
- 8 cups cauliflower florets 1 large head
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss cauliflower, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper until cauliflower is evenly coated.
- Roast for 25 minutes, turning about every 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with Romano cheese while still warm.