My mom’s parents were farmers, and they planted potatoes among the many vegetables they grew. My grandmother would occasionally pick a bowlful of potatoes when they were ever so petite and just large enough to eat. My grandfather always got mad at her, claiming that there would not be enough potatoes to feed them if she kept it up. She did it anyway. These petite potatoes are what make this recipe so delish. My grandmother always fried her potatoes in lard with nothing more than salt and pepper, but I find the potatoes stay whole if roasted. I’ve got that whole Italian thing going on, hence the olive oil instead of the lard.
Roasted Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
- 3 cups petite honey gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Wash potatoes. Place potatoes, onion, green pepper, and olive oil in a large bowl and toss until potatoes are coated with oil. Add seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast at 350°F until potatoes are tender, about 20-30 minutes. Turn potatoes once or twice while roasting. Adjust seasoning as needed.