I’ve been on a healthy living kick for over a year now and that includes a drastic diet transformation. Asian food has become one of my go-to meals. There are a lot of healthy options and vegetable rich dishes, so I was excited to try Fortune noodles as part of JSL Foods Blogger Recipe Challenge. Fortune noodles are gluten free. I received four packs of Fortune Gluten Free Noodles for the challenge: Shoyu Flavor Red Rice Ramen, Garlic Chicken Flavor Udon, Shoyu Flavor Soba Buckwheat, and Miso Pork Flavor Ramen. Fortune Gluten Free Noodles cook up fast and make for a key basic ingredient in any soup or stir fry recipe.
I tried all four packages of the Fortune Gluten Free Noodles and found all four to be flavorful and delicious. I used Red Rice Ramen Shoyu flavored gluten free noodles for the recipe I submitted to the blogger challenge–Red Rice Ramen with Cripsy Tofu and Shoyu Sauce. The dish is vegetarian and contains fresh stir fry vegetables, crispy fried tofu with shoyu sauce, and shiitake mushrooms.
To make the dish, stir fry about one cup of fresh chopped vegetables in hot oil along with the mushrooms. While the veggies are cooking, simmer the red rice ramen in a pot of boiling water for about 3 minutes. Remove from water and drain.
The red rice ramen comes with a packet of shoyu soup base. I dissolved the soup based in about 1/2 cup of hot water.
Add the noodles and ramen to the wok and give it a few turns. Pour in the soup based and stir quickly. Remove from heat.
The cripsy fried tofu provides the protein for the dish. I simply took extra firm tofu, cut it in squares, coated it in cornstarch, and fried in oil until crispy. I drizzled the tofu with the shoyu sauce for tasty Asian flavor.
Find out more information about the JSL Foods and its wonderful Fortune Gluten Free Noodles at http://www.jslfoods.com/ . Follow JSL Foods on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more delicious recipes and news on its latest products.
Purchase Fortune Gluten Free Noodle products at Albertsons, Von’s, Safeway, Dierbergs Markets. and Cub Foods. These Fortune Gluten Free noodles are NEW to market, Shelf Stable and can be found in Asian Dry Grocery Section in grocery stores.
Red Rice Ramen with Crispy Tofu and Shoyu Sauce
- 1/2 cup Tamari gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped scallions
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced Shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh stir fry vegetables (snow peas, broccoli, Napa cabbage, carrots)
- vegetable oil
- 1 package Fortune Shoyu Flavor Red Rice Ramen
- 1 ounce extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup cornstarch or arrowroot
- To make the shoyu sauce, stir together soy sauce, garlic, and scallions. Set aside.
- Stir fry vegetables and mushrooms in a about 2 tablespoons of hot oil.
- Simmer noodles in boiling water for about 3 minutes. Drain. Stir fry together noodles and vegetables. Add soup base packet to 1/2 cup of hot water and pour over noodles and vegetables; stir a few times until liquid is absorbed.
- Cut tofu in squares. Coat with cornstarch and fry in hot oil until golden brown, Drizzle tofu with shoyu sauce
- Top stir fry with crispy tofu.
This post is sponsored by JSL Foods. To take part in a blogger recipe challenge, JSL Foods provided free samples of Shoyu Red Rice Ramen, Shoyu Soba Buckwheat Noodles, Garlic Chicken Udon, and Miso Pork Ramen . All thoughts and opinions are my own.