My nephew is leaving for Army boot camp this weekend. In honor of his new endeavor, I decided to make him a Peanut Butter Cheesecake. He loves anything made with peanut butter (he takes after his auntie), and I’ve been dying to make a peanut butter cheesecake. Ha! I’m such a liar. I just wanted to make a peanut butter cheesecake and needed a good reason. Him leaving this weekend for the Army is all the reason I need! Truthfully, one doesn’t need a reason to eat peanut butter.
I crushed about 45 Oreo cookies in the food processor then added 4 tablespoons of melted butter. I thought the cookies were a bit sweet. I think I would prefer to use the chocolate graham crackers or chocolate wafers then add a small amount of sugar. I also used light brown sugar instead of regular sugar in the cheesecake mixture—brown sugar and peanut butter are the perfect pair!
For the topping, I melted a cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips and drizzled it over the cheesecake. I also melted one cup of peanut butter chips and drizzled it over the cheesecake in the opposite direction. I let the cheesecake set for a few minutes before topping it off with mini peanut butter cups.
Double yum! Just a note of caution. The cheesecake is super rich, creamy, and delicious. You’ll definitely want to eat more than one slice. You can, too, if you want to indulge.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups crushed Oreo cookies about 40 cookies or chocolate graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 2 pounds cream cheese softened
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 8 ounces mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add melted butter to crushed Oreo cookies. Press crumb mixture firmly to the bottom and sides of 10-inch cheesecake pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until Smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mix well. Add in sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and cream; mix well. Pour cheesecake mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheesecake is set, about 1 hour. When cheesecake is done, prop open oven door and let rest for one hour. Remove from oven and chill completely before adding the topping.
- To make the topping, melt chocolate chips and drizzle over top of cheesecake. Melt peanut butter chips and drizzle over cheesecake in the opposite direction. Top with mini peanut butter cups. Chill completely before serving.
I shared this recipe at these amazing parties!