We’re mostly shellfish people (especially clams, crab, shrimp, lobster, and scallops), but occasionally we have fish. In my opinion, cold water seafood is better than the seafood we get from the warm waters of the Caribbean with the exception of Florida stone crab (one of my favorites). Whenever we travel to the east or west coast, we always make it a point to eat seafood.
When we do cook fish, we keep it simple. Usually, we grill or bake the fish, and, sometimes we smoke it. Baked salmon is a simple and fast recipe for salmon, one of our favorites.
Oven Baked Salmon Recipe
- 2 salmon fillets about ½ pound each
- 1 lemon sliced paper-thin
- 2 tablespoons butter separated
- Coarse sea salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Place fillets skin side down on a nonstick finish baking sheet. Divide each tablespoon of butter into 3 small pats, and place on fillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper over each fillet, then top with 3 or 4 slices of lemon. Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes, or until the fillets are cooked through.