My granddaughter and I made yet even more Halloween treats this weekend. She’s only a year and a half old, so I had to pick something that, well, wouldn’t end up as a complete disaster. While I dipped the frozen bananas in melted hot chocolate, she alternated eating the sprinkles and mini chocolate chips while quickly licking every frozen banana. Ah, the joy of cooking.
Halloween Banana Pops Recipe
- 4 bananas
- 1 24 ounce package Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Morsels
- 8 popsicle or candy apple sticks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Assorted Halloween sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Peel and cut each banana in half, and insert a popsicle stick in the cut end of each banana. Place bananas on wax paper and freeze for at least one hour.
- Melt chocolate and vegetable oil over low heat until chocolate is smooth. (Or, heat in microwave 15 seconds at a time until chocolate is smooth.)
- Drizzle chocolate over each frozen banana, or dip in melted chocolate, then tap each banana gently on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Roll banana in sprinkles. Place bananas on wax paper and return to the freezer for at least 30 minutes before serving.