We recently enjoyed Cedar Bay Grilling Company Planked Salmon in Applewood and Orange with Ginger and Sugar and Spice—two cedar planked rubbed salmon products I received in a blogging recipe challenge. Cedar Bay adds a full fillet of top quality Atlantic Salmon with one of its special rubs (Sugar and Spice, Pineapple Maui, Applewood with Orange & Ginger, Jalapeno Mango) on a 14” pre-soaked cedar plank. The salmon is so easy to prepare—just thaw and grill or oven bake. Gourmet salmon in just a few minutes!
Nothing beats a healthy and satisfying meal at the end of a busy work day. We tried both samples, but I choose the Applewood with Orange & Ginger for this recipe. I made a protein salad bowl using a fresh kale mix and topped it with brown rice and tricolor quinoa. I grilled the salmon and used a 4 ounce serving for the bowl. To boost the protein, I added edamame, carrots, pineapple, scallions, and almonds. A home style ginger dressing finished the dish.
Find out more information about the Cedar Bay Grilling Company and its wonderful salmon products at cedarbaygrilling.com. Follow Cedar Bay Grilling Company on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more delicious recipes and news on its latest products.
You can purchase Applewood with Orange & Ginger Cedar Planked Salmon and other flavors at Kroger, Publix, Hannaford, Albertsons, Fred Meyer, Ralph’s, Giant, Giant Eagle, Stop n Shop, and Roche Bros.
Grilled Salmon Protein Bowl
Grilled Salmon Protein Bowl
- 1 handful of kale salad mix
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 4 oz Cedar Bay Planked Applewood with Orange & Ginger Salmon
- 1/4 cup cooked tri-colcor quinoa
- 2 T edamame
- 1/4 cup carrot sticks
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 T sliced almonds
- 2 T sliced scallions
- 2 T ginger dressing
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sweet white wine
- 4 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp minced celery
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
To make the Ginger Dressing
- Add ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To assemble the Grilled Salmon Protein Bowl
- Cook brown rice and quinoa per package directions.
- Preheat grill to 425 degrees. Grill defrosted salmon on plank for about 18 minutes.
- Add one handful of kale mix to single serving bowl. Top with brown rice and quinoa.
- Divide salmon into 4 servings. Slice one serving into bite size pieces and lay on top of quinoa and rice.
- Arrange edamame, carrot sticks, and pineapple around salmon. Top with sliced almonds, scallions, and ginger dressing.
This post is sponsored by Cedar Bay Grilling Company. To take part in a blogger recipe challenge, Cedar Bay Grilling Company provided free samples of Applewood and Orange with Ginger and Sugar and Spice salmon. All thoughts and opinions are my own.