This post was sponsored by Budweiser.
I was recently offered the opportunity to try Budweiser Brewmaster’s Premium Sauces & Marinades. I received a generous supply of premium BBQ Sauces, Wing Sauce (Mild & Hot), and marinades (Sizzlin’ Steakhouse & Buffalo Chicken) from Budweiser and was super excited to give them a try. This line of sauces, like the famous Budweiser beer, contains only the finest ingredients. The BBQ sauces are made with Budweiser beer and a unique blend of spices. Each sauce – Classic, Sweet & Smoky, Honey, Sweet & Spicy, and Bold & Spicy – is handcrafted for bold, authentic BBQ flavor. The marinades are seasoning-packed pouches that turn up the flavor and dial down the mess. Visit www.BudweiserSauces.com for delicious recipes and more information about the Budweiser Brewmaster’s Premium Sauces & Marinades. Follow BudweiserUSA on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BudweiserUSA/ and Twitter at https://twitter.com/budweiserusa, and check out the latest photos on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/budweiserusa/.
While we tried all the sauces on ribs (so delish) and the Steakhouse marinade on a shish kabob (double yum), we decided to try the Wing Sauce and Buffalo Chicken marinade in a Grilled Buffalo Chicken Pizza recipe. If you love Buffalo chicken wings with a side of blue cheese, then you’ll love this dish. The pizza was simple to make. We spread the mild Wing Sauce on top of the dough, generously covered the sauce with bite-sized pieces of grilled marinated chicken, then sprinkled crumbled gorgonzola cheese over the top. To complement the savory flavor of the pizza, I added a small arugula salad tossed in a honey lemon vinaigrette. I like to cook pizza on a hot grill, but the pizza is just as good when it’s baked in a 475-degree oven until the crust is golden and toasty.
Chef’s Notes on Making Grilled Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- This pizza can be cooked on the grill in just a few minutes. This is my favorite way of cooking pizza. It only takes 2 or 3 minutes to brown the crust, so make sure you keep your eye on it. It will quickly burn. The pizza also has a great flavor when baked in the oven.
- You must cook the chicken before adding it to the pizza. The pizza will not spend enough time on the grill or in the oven to cook the chicken through. I like the flavor of chicken grilled over hot coals, but you can also roast or bake the chicken in the oven. Chop it up into bite size pieces once it’s cool enough to handle.
- The arugula tossed in the honey-lemon vinaigrette is slightly sweet. It gives the overall dish a savory flavor with a bit of sweetness.
- I used crumbled Gorgonzola cheese to give the pizza a buffalo wing with blue cheese dressing flavor.
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 recipe pizza dough
- 1 Budweiser Brewmaster's Premium Marinade - Buffalo Chicken
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Budweiser Brewmaster's Premium Wing Sauce, mild
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 ounce bag of arugula
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Marinate chicken breasts in buffalo chicken marinade for about 1 hour. Grill the chicken breast over a medium high grill until done. Chop chicken breast into bite-size pieces.
Either preheat oven to 450 degrees or turn grill down to low. Coat 14-inch crisper pizza pan with 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Roll out dough to fit pan.
Spread 1/2 cup or more of wing sauce over dough. Add chopped chicken and top with Gorgonzola cheese. Bake pizza in oven until cheese melts and dough is golden and crispy. If cooking on the grill, cook for 2 or 3 minutes until dough is golden and crispy.
In a separate bowl, toss together the arugula, olive oil, honey, lemon juice, and salt & pepper. Serve on pizza.