My husband brought home an extra-large bunch of asparagus this week, and grilled asparagus is one of my favorites. This easy recipe takes no time at all to prepare.
Grilled Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Grilled asparagus can be eaten with olive oil and a little salt and pepper, with hollandaise sauce, or with just a little melted butter and lemon.Print Recipe
- 1 bunch of asparagus about 20 spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat grill to medium. Prepare asparagus by removing the hard root from the spear. Grab the asparagus spear at both ends and bend. The spear will snap off at the hard root. Discard the root.
- Brush olive oil on asparagus spears. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place asparagus in a perforated grill pan. Turn often, until the spears are tender but not soggy, and slightly charred.
- To make the hollandaise sauce: Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored; add salt, cayenne.
- Combine melted butter with lemon juice. Add, a little at a time, to egg yolk mixture, beating constantly. Serve immediately.