When I can, I like to make this the night before I’m going to serve it, since the flavor can sometimes be a bit sharp just after it’s been made.
Green Sauce for Meat, Fish, or Poultry Recipe
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 3/8 - ½ cup packed basil leaves
- 1 can 2 ounces anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup plain bread crumbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- up to ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Puree all ingredients except olive oil in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil until the mixture is thick but pourable.