If your family is anything like mine, you’re too busy in the morning to cook and sit down long enough to eat a satisfying breakfast. It seems like we sleep until the last-minute, then we rush to get dressed and out the door for work and school. Busy families shouldn’t have to sacrifice home cooked meals. Grab and Go Breakfast Burritos are the perfect breakfast for those of us who need to eat on the run. This post is sponsored by @JimmyDean, though the opinions are my own.
Grab and Go Breakfast Burritos can be made ahead and stored in the freezer until you’re ready to eat them. They’re made with Jimmy Dean® Fresh Roll Sausage—a long time family favorite. The roll sausage is versatile for many types of recipes, cooks up fast, and is flavorful. We use it in several of our family recipes like grab and go breakfast burritos, sausage gravy and toast, and baked beans. It has the perfect blend of spices, and it’s the freshest and best sausage you can buy. It reminds me of the pork sausage my grandmother made and canned. She raised hogs on her farm and cured her own meat. The sausage reminds me of her smokehouse and home cooking. Never sacrifice the taste and quality of Jimmy Dean’s down-home flavor for a substitute brand.
We pick up Jimmy Dean® Fresh Roll Sausage in Walmart along with the other ingredients to make Grab and Go Breakfast Burritos. Look for the Ibotta offer – buy TWO rolls of Jimmy Dean® sausage and earn $1.00.
We usually make a batch of Grab and Go Breakfast Burritos and freeze them. The recipe makes about 12 breakfast burritos. I fill the burritos with Jimmy Dean® Fresh Roll Sausage, roasted potatoes, scrambled eggs, and shredded cheese. Once the burritos are filled, roll them up and wrap each one individually in plastic wrap. Stored the wrapped burritos in a large freezer bag. When you’re ready to go, just grab one out of the freezer bag. Remove the plastic wrap and replace it with a paper towel. Microwave for about 15 seconds (I do 10 seconds at a time) or until it’s warm through.
Grab and Go Breakfast Burritos
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean® Fresh Roll Sausage
- 8 ounces cheese, shredded
- 12 tortillas small
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss potatoes with olive oil. Lightly salt and pepper. Cook potatoes until tender and slightly brown.
- Brown the sausage in pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter in pan. Add eggs, salt and pepper, and scramble.
- Place about 4-6 tortillas at a time between damp paper towels and heat in microwave for about 30-45 seconds. Add about 2 tablespoons each of sausage, egg, and potatoes to a tortilla. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Roll tortilla tucking in ends.