Fall is my favorite time of year. It’s the beginning of the baking season, something all of us who love to bake think about all year. It’s not the holidays without baking a couple of loaves of pumpkin or apple bread, or a dozen or so cranberry or zucchini muffins.
I picked up a 2-pound bag of fresh cranberries this week, so I’ve thought about recipes that work well with fresh tart cranberries. The first thing on my list is Classic Cranberry Pecan Bread. The sweet aroma of orange fills the kitchen while the bread is baking, but its flavor is not noticeable in the baked bread. The sweet bread and the soft tart cranberries are a perfect match. Classic cranberry pecan bread is super moist. The pecans, I think, helps keep the bread moist, and gives it a light earthy taste.
Fresh baked classic cranberry pecan bread will last in the pantry two or three days wrapped in plastic wrap, up to a week in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap, or up to three months in the freezer if wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in freezer bags.
Classic Cranberry Pecan Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup pulp-free orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 large egg well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in orange juice, orange peel, shortening and egg. Mix until well blended. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Wrap and store overnight. Makes 1 loaf.
This post is part of the Pinterest Party Thanksgiving Recipe Blog Hop. You can follow along with us by going to the posts listed below:
18. Paula Atwell How to Cook a Turkey for Thanksgiving (that’s me!)
19. Kristen Carrasco Thanksgiving Hostess Gift Idea – Autumn Ribbon Pine Cone
20. Sylvia Mayfield Test Your Thanksgiving Food Safety Skill Now With This Quiz
21. Corrinna Johnson Apple Pie Ice Cream Topped With Caramel Sauce
22. Erlene Amat Pumpkin Shortbread
23. Katy Mitchell Thanksgiving Stuffing
24.Anjanette Young Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
25. Sylvia Mayfield http://easy-cake-decorating-ideas.com
26. Sherry Olives and Okra https://olives-n-okra.com/
27. Shirley Intelligent Domestications http://intelligentdomestications.com/
28.Dianne Kirby Loomos http://ahappysplashofcolor.com/