Looking for new ways to fix veggies? Try my recipe for Cauliflower Crumbles with Parmesan and Garlic. Yes, I know—garlic is a key ingredient in just about everything I make!
I found these Green Giant cauliflower crumbles in the produce section of the grocery store. I planned to make cauliflower rice, a Publix Aprons® recipe that I sampled in the store a few days earlier. Instead, I decided to sauté the crumbles in garlic.
Truth be told — I forgot to buy the canned hominy for the Aprons® recipe. I’m not a big fan of canned veggies. San Marzano tomatoes are about the only canned veggies I buy on a regular basis.
I always have garlic on hand. It wards off vampires and other undesirables (a post for another day).
Here’s how to make Cauliflower Crumbles with Parmesan and Garlic.
Heat olive oil and smashed garlic over low-medium heat. Sauté the garlic until tender and slightly golden. Be careful not to overcook. Once the garlic turns color, it only takes a second for it to turn dark and bitter. If this happens, toss the oil and start over.
Once the garlic is tender and slightly golden, remove it from the pan. Add the cauliflower and sauté until slightly tender. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. The cauliflower will turn a pale yellow in color. Salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately.
Cauliflower Crumbles with Parmesan and Garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 lb cauliflower crumbles
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- In a medium skillet, add olive oil and smashed garlic clove and cook on low-medium. Saute the garlic just until it starts to turn slightly golden then remove from pan. If the garlic browns, it will burn quickly leaving a bitter taste.
- Add cauliflower and cook in garlic oil until slightly tender. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Add salt & pepper as desired. Serve immediately.
DISCLOSURE : Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and buy the product, I will receive a very small commission of the sales price at no cost to you.