Disclaimer: The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Arnold® Bread so that I could try the product and share information about the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest and my thoughts and information about Arnold®. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Arnold® Bread.
One of my favorite sandwiches is a simple panini caprese. How to make a panini caprese? Cover the bottom of an Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Roll with mozzarella cheese, a large slice of vine ripe tomato sprinkled with salt and pepper, and one or two fresh basil leaves. Then I lightly coat a Lodge cast iron grill with extra virgin olive oil, heat it up, and grill my panini caprese. Even though the bread is thin, I press the panini with a cast iron grill press. It’s hard to eat just one…good eats!
Did you know that all of Arnold® Whole Grains Sliced Breads and Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls contain/are:
- 2 to 5 grams of fiber per slice or thin
- Zero grams of Trans Fat
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup
- A cholesterol free food
The Arnold® bread varieties contain/are:
- Made with 100% whole grains
- Good source of fiber
- 80 calories per serving
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Heart healthy*
- Zero grams of Trans Fat
Health authorities recommend munching on 25-38 grams of fiber and 48 grams of whole grains per day, much of which may come from whole grain products like Arnold® Whole Grains Sliced Breads or Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties. If you’re not sure of how many grams of whole grains you are getting, look for the Whole Grain Stamp found on all of Arnold® Whole Grains Sliced Breads and Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls. Read more about Arnold® Bread on Facebook or on the Arnold® Bread website.
* Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol, and as low as possible in trans fat, may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- 8 Honey Wheat Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls
- 2 large vine ripe tomatoes
- 8 slices 1/4 cup extra virgin olive
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat a cast iron grill over medium-low heat. Coat with extra virgin olive oil right before grilling the panini.
- Open each Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Roll. Layer with one slice of cheese, tomato, and fresh basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on grill; place grill press on top of the sandwich. When the bottom is lightly toasted, turn sandwich and replace grill press on top. Grill until bread is toasty on both sides and cheese is slightly melted.
2016 America’s Better Sandwich Contest
Arnold® Bread is excited to launch its “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest! The sandwich architect whose filling matches the goodness of Arnold® Bread will win a grand prize of $25,000. Before entering an original better sandwich, entrants should make sure their recipes include any of the Arnold® Sliced Breads, including any of the Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties.
This year’s contest includes five (5) exciting sandwich categories including:
- “Open-Faced Artistry” (sandwiches are works of art for the world to see, and these snacks and meals should announce their nutritious ingredients—like bright beets or tasty tuna— sans second slice);
- “Breakfast in Bread” (these sandwiches, featuring nutrient-rich breakfast favorites like eggs and yogurt, invoke images of cozy mornings in bed or boisterous brunches with friends);
- “Creative Classics” (nutritious spins on sandwich creations that have stood the test of time, such as grandma’s club sandwich, BLT or other old-time favorites);
- “Fueling Good” (these sandwiches should incorporate ingredients that help boost your energy such as healthful fats, protein, fiber, and iron)
- “State Favorites” (whether it’s a well-known sandwich in the state you reside or a must-have local dish that can transition into a sandwich, celebrate your state pride by re-creating these state favorites with better-for-you ingredients)
The recipe in each sandwich category with the highest score will receive a $5,000 category prize.
- Entries will be accepted June 15 – August 21, online consumer voting will take place September 26 – October 23, and the winners will be announced on National Sandwich Day- November 3.
- Arnold® bread will donate one (1) loaf of bread (up to 100,000 loaves) to Feeding America for each valid entry submission during the entry period and vote received during the online voting phase of the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest
- More information on the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest Official Rules and Donation Program terms and conditions can be found at http://www.americasbettersandwich.com.
Making sure no grain gets left behind, this year, Arnold® Bread will donate one (1) loaf of bread to Feeding America for each entry and or vote submitted, with a minimum of 75,000 and up to 100,000 loaves donated!
*Availability: Arnold® bread is available across the Eastern U.S. It can be found in the Midwestern U.S. as Brownberry® bread and in the Western U.S. as Oroweat® bread
$25 Visa Gift Card and Arnold® Bread Coupons Giveaway
Please note that Olives & Okra is hosting the giveaway. The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Arnold® Bread. Enter today for a chance to win:
- Six coupons, each valid for $5.00 off the purchase of any Arnold® Whole Grain Sliced Bread of choice
- Six coupons, each valid for $4.00 off the purchase of any Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls of choice
- $25 Visa gift card to use towards ingredients for their favorite sandwiches
DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and buy the product, I will receive a very small commission of the sales price at no cost to you.