Here’s an effortless sugar cookie recipe that works well with an electric cookie press. Cookie presses are meant for people like me who can’t rollout, cut, bake, and then decorate sugar cookies without making a huge mess. The cookie press makes it simple: Select the holiday discs, fill the tube with the dough, and press onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Dust with your favorite holiday candy sprinkles.
Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 3 2/3 cups all purpose-flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into a small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine; reserve.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugars. Using a hand mixer, mix until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla and then the eggs, one at a time, until completely combined. Add the reserved dry ingredients and mix on low, until just combined.
- Fit the cookie press with desired holiday disc. Load cookie dough to the MAX fill line. Press cookie dough out onto ungreased/unlined baking pan, about 1 inch apart. If desired, dust with holiday sprinkles.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 12 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Cool cookies before removing from pan.
Total time is for one baking pan of cookies. Two or three baking pans will be needed.
This recipe is ever so slightly adapted from the Cuisnart® Electric Cookie Press recipe booklet.