Submit A Guest Post
Thank you for your interest in guest posting on Olives & Okra. I’m always interested in sharing unique ideas on topics of interest to my readers. Please read the following guidelines before submitting a guest post for publication consideration.
Guidelines for Submitting A Guest Post
- Guest posts should address topics of interest to readers. You should focus on recipes, crafts, crochet or knitting patterns, DIY projects, gardening, and organizing. You can also browse the posts on Olives & Okra for ideas to write about in your guest post.
- A submission does not guarantee acceptance.
- Articles should contain between 500-1000 words, include at least one large image, and two relevant hyperlinks.
- Tutorials (including recipes, crochet patterns, crafts, and DIY projects) must include a list of ingredients or materials and instructions along with two or more supporting images and two relevant hyperlinks.
- Photos should be taken by you.
- Feature images will be labeled with a post title by Olives & Okra.
- Links to spammy or non-related blogs or websites will be removed.
- Images should be a minimum of 1000 pixels wide.
- Posts must be well written and easy to read. I highly recommend using The World’s Best Automated Proofreader.
- Olives & Okra reserves the right to edit images, graphics, and text.
- Each article or tutorial must contain original content and has not been previously published.
- If your post is accepted, you grant a license for Olives & Okra to be the exclusive publisher. You may link to the article or tutorial on your own blog or elsewhere, but the post in its entirety cannot be published anywhere else.
- Olives & Okra does not offer monetary compensation for guest posts at this time. Published posts are the property of Olives & Okra.
- All guest posts will be shared on social media and at link parties and blog hops.
How to Submit A Guest Post
Submit a completed guest post or query to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include the following information:
- The title of your post.
- Confirmation that you agree to our guest post guidelines and policies.
- Links to other posts you’ve written.
- Links to your social media accounts.
- Confirm that the post has not and will not be published elsewhere.
- Include a brief bio.
I’ll make every effort to let you know within 7 days of receiving your guest post if it is accepted. I post 2-3 guest posts a week. Once your guest post is accepted, it usually takes up to two weeks before it is published. You should receive a response to a query within 24-48 hours.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and buy the product, I will receive a very small commission of the sales price at no cost to you.