My dad’s been buying smoked fish dip for years, and, as you can probably guess, it’s usually an appetizer we serve at family gatherings. It’s such a big hit, he finally decided it was time to come up with his own recipe. After trying a number of methods, this is dad’s fish dip recipe.
- 1 pound smoked whitefish
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces), softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion, grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Smoke fish on smoker grill using hickory or mesquite wood. Arrange fish in single layer on cooking grill and leave space between fish. Smoke fish until fish flakes with a fork, about 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients well. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers or chips. Makes about 2 cups.