One of my favorite things about Halloween is that I can play with my food 🙂 I love to transform our family recipes into creepy and fun Halloween foods. This is mom’s shrimp spread recipe shaped into the face of a skeleton. What’s not to love about a face like this?
Skeletor Shrimp Spread Recipe
- 2 black olives pitted
- 1 skeleton face mold
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup cream of mushroom soup
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup grated onion
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1½ cups tiny salad shrimp
- Salt & pepper
- Evenly coat the skeleton mold with the butter.
- Dissolve gelatin in 1/8 cup of water.
- Heat soup until warm, about 2 or 3 minutes. Remove from heat; add dissolved gelatin and cream cheese. Stir until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, and add salt and pepper as desired. Mix well. Pour mixture into a well-buttered mold or bowl. Refrigerate for six hours or longer. To remove the spread from the mold, flip the mold or bowl upside down and rest on a serving dish. The mold will separate from the spread in a minute or so. Serve with crackers.