This is a dish my dad had often as a kid. It’s a relatively inexpensive one dish meal that’s full of flavor and feeds many. When I was growing up, we sometimes substituted the Italian sausage with hot dogs. We also made this dish with chicken, which I will post some other time.
Roasted Sausage, Potatoes, and Onions Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion peeled and sliced
- 1 green or red bell pepper seeded, and sliced (optional)
- 1 pound of Italian sausage about 4 links
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Put olive oil in baking pan or dish. Add sliced potatoes and onions and bell pepper (if desired); Salt and pepper vegetables to taste. Make sure all potatoes are seasoned well.
Cut each sausage link into three pieces and add to vegetables. Place in oven and roast for about 45 minutes. Stir sausage and vegetables twice during cooking so that the sausage is not left on top of the vegetables to dry out. Roast until potatoes are tender.