Every house in America probably has a recipe or two for potato salad. We have a few recipes too, and each calls for a different type of potato. Red potato salad is my mom’s recipe, one that she’s made for over 45 years.
Red Potato Salad Recipe
- 12 petite red potatoes
- 2 stalks celery trimmed and chopped into small pieces
- ½ large sweet onion chopped
- ½ cucumber halved and sliced thin
- 3 hard boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- ½ mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
- Boil potatoes in generously salted water until tender. Drain potatoes and cool. Remove skins, and dice potatoes.
- In a medium size bowl mix together onion, celery, potatoes, cucumbers, eggs, and mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle potato salad with paprika.