One of the most satisfying things I find about blogging is when I review the year end stats. I was both surprised and pleased to learn that several of my earlier recipes—Rocky Point Clam Cakes, Christina’s Bread Pudding, Sofrit, Doughboys, German Fresh Fruit Tart, Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallow, Chocolate Ice Box Cake, and Roasted Baby Zucchini were among the most popular recipes of all time. Hopefully, the recipes I posted this year will remain popular in the years to come.
Here are readers’ favorite recipes of 2014.
- Vanilla Glazed Ricotta Cheese Cookies. I made about 4 dozen of these little gems, and I think my daughter ate most of them. What better way to start the holiday baking season then with a batch of vanilla glazed ricotta cheese cookies?
- Scrambled Eggs Magda. Thank you, Chris, for this delicious recipe. A recipe for scrambled egg lovers–heavy cream, butter, Gruyère cheese, Dijon mustard, and fresh herbs scrambled together.
- Kid-Approved Scrambled Egg Bakes. Muffin pan filled with potatoes, ham, peppers, onions, soft cheese, and scrambled eggs then baked to perfection.
- Mediterranean Farro Salad. Tender organic farro tossed with arugula, sun-dried tomatoes,Kalamata olives, and toasted pine nuts.
- Home Style Blueberry Muffins. Delicious, soft, and fluffy home style blueberry muffins made with fresh, plump, ripe sweet Florida blueberries.
- World’s Best Shrimp Red Coconut Curry. Succulent shrimp, fresh vegetables, and snow peas simmered in a red curry sauce and served over Jasmine rice.
- Summer Garbanzo Bean Salad. Garbanzo beans simmered until tender then tossed with fresh summer vegetables in a light vinaigrette—a healthy choice!
- How To Prepare Lupini Beans. Prepare lupini beans at home using these step-by-step instructions for removing lupini toxins, brining, and canning dried lupini beans.
- Best Ever Blueberry Jam. Fresh Florida blueberries are the key ingredient in this delicious jam recipe.
- How to Prepare and Can Breakfast Sausage. Recipe for Minnie’s farm fresh country sausage—ground pork butt, sage, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Portuguese Fava Beans in Sauce. Dried shelled Portuguese fava beans cooked until tender then simmered in a hot and spicy Portuguese sauce.
- Panettone French Toast. A Christmas breakfast must – sweet, raisin Italian panettone rustically sliced, then battered and cooked French toast style.
I thank you all for joining me this year. Please stop by in 2015. Join our new party. Stop by and submit your entries to Funtastic Friday, my weekly blog hop. You can submit recipes, DIY projects, crafts, reviews, gardening tips, and great ideas. Look forward to seeing you in 2015. It’s going to be a great year.