Progresso offers a line of Recipe Starters—cooking sauces to help make meals both easy and delicious. They’re perfect after a long day at work or when you don’t have, or don’t want, to spend a lot of time cooking.
Recipe Starters cooking sauces come in five flavorful varieties that can each be used as a starter to create many home-cooked meals. These five varieties are Inspired by the five “Mother” Sauces that form the basis of classical French cooking, including Béchamel, Velouté, Tomato, Espagnole, and Hollandaise.
- Creamy Parmesan Basil: This creamy, full-bodied and indulgent sauce that was inspired by alfredo and creamy pesto sauces can be used to make meals such as Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken, Creamy Chicken Alfredo, Basil Chicken Ravioli Carbonara and Basil Chicken Thai Noodle
- Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock: With caramelized, roasted chicken broth, garlic and a touch of cream, this stock is perfect for dishes such as Creamy Lemon Chicken, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Enchiladas
- Fire Roasted Tomato: A medium-thick tomato sauce, accompanied by flavors of roasted, caramelized tomatoes, oregano and bell peppers, which can be used as a great way to begin creating Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan, Cheese-stuffed Mini Meat Loaves and Mole Tacos
- Creamy Portabella Mushroom: Creamy and highly indulgent, this smooth sauce is rich with sautéed Portabella mushrooms, giving you any easy way to start decedent meals like Easy Weeknight Beef Stroganoff, Steak and Mushroom Sandwich and Tetrazzini
- Creamy Three Cheese: Rich and creamy with a blend of yellow and white cheeses, and a savory background of chicken stock, onion, garlic and cracked pepper, this is a great way to satisfy cheese lovers with Easy Weeknight Bacon Mac & Cheese, Twice-Baked Potato Pizza and Cheesy Egg Breakfast Tacos
If you try one of the 80 plus recipes on the Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ recipes website, you’ll find that you don’t need a lot of expensive extra ingredients to make a Recipe Starters™ meal—just the items you would normally have on hand like onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, milk, and cheese. Depending on the recipe, of course, you’ll need the main ingredient.
I had the good fortune of trying all five varieties. The Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ Cream Portabella Mushroom cooking sauce was the first one I tried. I made Easy Weeknight Beef Stroganoff, one of the recipes on the Recipe Starters Recipe website. It was rather easy to make, and it was delicious. First, I cooked strips of sliced beef top sirloin steak. Then I sautéed onion and garlic until almost tender. I added the Recipe Starter, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper and cooked until slightly thickened, then I added sour cream and the beef. I served it over hot buttered noodles finished with chopped parsley.
My grandkids loved the Easy Weeknight Bacon Mac ‘n Cheese. It was also super easy to make. Put on a box of penne pasta, and while it’s cooking, heat Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ Creamy Three Cheese cooking sauce with milk and garlic. Add cheddar cheese, then add pasta, bacon pieces, and bell pepper. Pour into casserole dish and bake for about 20 minutes. You won’t need to worry about leftovers. The kids will make sure of it 🙂
We’re big pulled pork fans, so naturally I had to try to the Pulled Chicken Sandwiches. It took about 20 minutes to make, and the rotisserie chicken made it so flavorful. Heat 1 can of Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ Fire Roasted Tomato cooking sauce with mustard, Worcestershire, sugar, and chili powder for about 20 minutes, then add shredded rotisserie chicken. Fill soft burger buns with the chicken, and serve with cole slaw.
Check out the Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ website for more recipes and product information. Visit them on Facebook, and learn about new Progresso™ products and recipe ideas. Reply to this post if you do.
“Disclosure: The information, products and Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ gift pack was provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark.”