It’s that time of year again. After a month of travel, I spent the weekend drafting my list of must make Christmas cookies and candies. At the top of the list: peppermint bark. I used melted white chocolate morsels, bittersweet chocolate, a bit of whipping cream, and a small amount of peppermint abstract. It so tastes like Christmas.
- 24 ounces of white chocolate morsels
- 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies, divided
- 8 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon peppermint abstract
- Line the bottom of an 11x17-inch baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In the top of a double boiler, heat white chocolate over simmering water until melted. Pour on baking sheet and spread evenly. Sprinkle ½ cup crushed peppermint candies over white chocolate. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat bittersweet chocolate, cream, and peppermint abstract until melted and heated through. Spread on top of white chocolate. Sprinkle with remaining crushed peppermint. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Remove foil and break into pieces.