This recipe is my version of classic southern potato salad, which one day I’ll make and post on ONO. I like to use dill pickles instead of the traditional sweet pickles. For variety, I add thinly sliced cucumbers, and I usually leave the skins on the potatoes. It makes the dish kind of rustic.
- 2 pounds potatoes (about 5-6 medium), cubed
- ½ large onion, diced,
- ½ cucumber, peeled and sliced thin
- ½ cup chopped dill pickle
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt & pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepot and add enough water to cover by at least 1 inch. Generously salt the water, and bring potatoes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat; drain and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped egg, mayonnaise, pickle, and onion. Add potatoes and cucumbers to the egg mixture, and toss until potatoes are well-coated. Adjust salt and pepper as needed. Best served chilled.