I admit that ice cream is a weakness, so I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to try Ice Cream Magic. It is one of the many As Seen On TV products created by Idea Village™. The fine folks at FuelMyBlog provided the product, a personal ice cream maker that caused my grandson to beg and plead for hours until I finally gave in and let him try it.
Ice Cream Magic™ is a personal ice cream maker. It’s advertised as Ice Cream Magic Ice Cream Maker – As Seen On TV – Ice Cream in 3 Min! Seems like the perfect pastime for kids, and I must admit, it’s tempting. The kit provided by FuelMyBlog included a personal ice cream maker that contined an ice chamber, freezing bowl, ingredients lid, cover lid, spoon, and a recipe book.
We couldn’t wait to give it a try. My review here is based on my experience (and my grandson’s experience) making ice cream with Ice Cream Magic. We made ice cream twice that day—strawberry for Dominic and coffee for me. It’s so easy a five-year old can make it. We were eating ice cream in minutes.
The process is fairly quick once you prepare the ingredients (even that only takes a minute or two). Wash and dry the personal ice cream maker. Add ice, salt, and water to the cup chamber.
Place the freezing bowl over the ice chamber, then add cream mixture to the fill line of the freezing bowl. Secure the ingredients lid.
Twist the cover lid closed.
Then shake continuously for 3 minutes.
After 3 minutes, stir ingredients. If you’re five years old, and you can’t wait for the ice cream, sample after stirring.
Dominic gives Ice Cream Magic a thumbs up. Next time, I’ll add other ingredients like brownie pieces, mini M&M’s, a smear of peanut butter, or fresh fruit.
Overall, the product works as advertised. I continued to shake mine for about 30 seconds longer than we did with the strawberry ice cream to get a thicker consistency. The good thing about Ice Cream Magic is that you can make a snack size serving of ice cream in minutes with little ingredients. It’s even better that kids can use it with little help.
- 1 Ice Cream Magic™ cup
- crushed ice
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Autocrat Coffee Syrup
- Remove the cover lid, the ingredients lid, and the freezing bowl.
- Fill the ice chamber with ice to the upper indicated line inside the cup. Do not overfill.
- Add salt and water. Place the freezing bowl over the ice chamber.
- Add together cream, vanilla, sugar, and coffee syrup then add to the fill line of the freezing bowl.
- Firmly place ingredients lid over freezing bowl--BE SURE LID IS secure.
- Twist the cover lid closed--BE SURE LID IS SECURE.
- Shake continuously for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, stir ingredients. If consistency is not to your liking, shake for an additional minute or so.