31 Days of Halloween – Day 7
I can’t think of anything more heavenly than the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Not only are these peanut butter rocky road brownies covered with a peanut butter-marshmallow frosting, but they’re also topped with mini Reese’s Peanut Butter cups and salted peanuts. Definitely makes life worth living.
Halloween Peanut Butter Rocky Road Brownies Recipe
- 1 box 1lb 2.3 oz Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix
- Water vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix package
- 1 jar 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 30 miniature Reese's peanut butter cups unwrapped, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or baking spray.
Make brownie mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Bake 24 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely.
In medium bowl, beat marshmallow crème, peanut butter and milk with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with chopped Reese's cups and peanuts.
In a small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and 1/4 teaspoon oil uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring once, until melted. Drizzle over brownies. let stand 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Serve in decorative papers.
Recipe NotesAdapted slightly from Betty Crocker®, Fall Baking, Oct/Nov 2010 No.257