31 Days of Halloween – Day 7
I can’t think of anything more heavenly than the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Not only are these peanut butter rocky road brownies covered with a peanut butter-marshmallow frosting, but they’re also topped with mini Reese’s Peanut Butter cups and salted peanuts. Definitely makes life worth living.
Halloween Peanut Butter Rocky Road Brownies Recipe
- 1 box 1lb 2.3 oz Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix
- Water vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix package
- 1 jar 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 30 miniature Reese's peanut butter cups unwrapped, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or baking spray.
- Make brownie mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Bake 24 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely.
- In medium bowl, beat marshmallow crème, peanut butter and milk with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with chopped Reese's cups and peanuts.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and 1/4 teaspoon oil uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring once, until melted. Drizzle over brownies. let stand 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Serve in decorative papers.
Recipe NotesAdapted slightly from Betty Crocker®, Fall Baking, Oct/Nov 2010 No.257