31 Days of Halloween – Day 19
Today is our family Halloween party. A full day of standing on my feet and cooking. And sampling.
I was planning on making an orzo vegetarian salad for the party and ended up with Halloween Pasta Salad. I ran into Aldi to pick up the Halloween tortilla chips for the dips when I discovered Halloween-shaped pasta. I’m such a sucker for Halloween novelty foods that I couldn’t pass it up. The pasta was shaped as familiar Halloween icons—pumpkins, spiders, and bats—and is orange and black (mostly orange). It cooked up rather nicely, and complimented the colors of the sauce.
Halloween Pasta Salad Recipe
- 3 large ripe tomatoes cored, seeded, and chopped
- 8 large basil leaves torn into small pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Reggano Halloween Pasta 17.6 ounces
- Bel Gioioso Fresh Pearls Mozzarella 8 ounces
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta in a large pot of generously salted water until al dente. Drain well. Add about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to pasta and stir well. Let pasta cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix together tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let rest while pasta is cooling.
- When ready, add to pasta and toss. Add mozzarella pearls and toss again.