31 Days of Halloween – Day 26
An old favorite.
The first time I had magic bars was about 20 plus years ago, I think, maybe longer, and they made a lasting impression. In this version, I reduced the semi-sweet chocolate chips to one cup and added a cup of Fall colored M&Ms to give it that Halloween look. (Black and orange M&Ms will work, too.) If you bake them more than 25 minutes, the M&Ms will melt and leave little spots of Halloween color. Make your own graham cracker crumbs by pulsing one package (each box includes 3 packages) once or twice in a food processor. The rest is easy.
Halloween Magic Bars Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 14- oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Halloween colored M&Ms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Stir together butter and graham cracker crumbs; press into a greased 13"x9" baking pan. Pour milk over crumb mixture; sprinkle with chocolate chips, M&Ms, and walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until edges are golden and bubbly. Let cool; cut into bars.
Adapted from Gooseberry Patch Best Halloween Treats, 2013.