31 Days of Halloween – Day 27
Another quick and easy Halloween recipe.
This Halloween bundt cake recipe has the flavor of chocolate fudge and almond. This easy-to-make cake is simple yet moist, and it’s highly addictive. You can make your own cake batter, but it’s easier to pick up a chocolate fudge and white cake mix, then add a bit of Wilton Halloween icing gel (get the Wilton Halloween 2 Color Kit here) to give it that classic black and orange Halloween look. Dust the finished cake with confectioner’s sugar or leave it plain. It’s good either way.
Halloween Bundt Cake
- 1 box Duncan Hines® Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix 16.5 ounces
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 box Duncan Hines® Classic White cake mix 16.5 ounces
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Wilton Halloween black and orange Halloween color gel
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Spray a bundt pan with baking spray.
- Mix each cake mix using the eggs, oil, and water according to package instructions. Add 1/2 teaspoon of black food color gel to chocolate cake mix and blend. Add 1/2 teaspoon orange icing gel and 1 teaspoon almond extract to white cake mix and blend.
- Fill bundt pan by alternating large tablespoons of black and orange cake mix until pan is about 2/3's full.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing.
Discard extra batter or add to regular cake and bake according to package instructions.