I love all kinds of berries, but blueberries top the list. Every blueberry season I strive to make as many dishes that I can with fresh blueberries.
That’s if we don’t eat them all before we get home from shopping.
Toss fresh berries with sugar, lemon juice, and flour, and then top with dollops of pastry. Put the cobbler in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes. While it’s baking, you have time to serve up a small meal or get cold glasses of milk or iced coffee ready to serve.
Serve hot, warm, or cold. For a special treat, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to a dish of warm or hot cobbler.
- 5 cups ripe fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking power
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons chilled, unsalted butter (a mixture of shortening and butter is good too)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Wash and pick through blueberries. Remove stem pieces. In a medium bowl, add blueberries, 1 cup sugar, flour, and lemon juice. Toss until berries are well-coated. Pour mixture in a 10x10 or 11x7-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Add butter, and cut in until mixture is coarse. Add egg and milk and mix until soft dough forms. Drop by tablespoons on top of blueberry mixture. Bake at 400°F until blueberry mixture bubbles and topping is golden brown.
Shop Amazon – Top Valentine’s Day Gifts