Mom’s version of chicken parmesan is quick and easy. She usually makes it with leftover Sunday sauce, and when she wants something different to serve with pasta. This is really good, too, with a pork cutlet. Use your favorite red sauce if you don’t have leftover Sunday sauce.
Easy Chicken Parmesan
- 2 chicken cutlets about 3-4 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons Marinara or Sunday sauce
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons shredded mozzarella
- Heat oven to 475°F. Coat the chicken cutlets with the bread crumbs. Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in an oven proof pan until hot. Add the cutlets and brown for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer pan to oven and cook for about 6 more minutes. Remove from oven and add 2-3 tablespoons of sauce to each cutlet, spreading evenly over cutlet. Add 2 tablespoons parmesan onto the sauce and then top with mozzarella. Return to oven for 1-2 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with pasta.