Tomorrow’s Memorial Day, so today we’re prepping the food and making the deviled eggs and salads. It’s not a cookout without cole slaw. This recipe is based on my Aunt Alma’s cole slaw recipe. I changed it slightly by adding a shredded carrot and a healthy handful of shredded purple cabbage. It will be so delish next to the barbecue pork ribs!
Cole Slaw with Celery Seed Dressing Recipe
- 10 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 or 2 shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
- In a large bowl, add green and purple cabbage and carrots. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add celery seeds, sugar, vinegar, mayonnaise, and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over cabbage and toss until the cabbage is well-coated.