31 Days of Halloween – Day 25
The Frangelico gives this coffee its special flavor.
Chocolate-Hazelnut Coffee Recipe
I picked up two new Halloween mugs at Home Goods last month, and I needed something to put in them other than hot chocolate or coffee. I compromised and made chocolate-hazelnut coffee. A good shot of Frangelico adds that special something to the combination of sweet chocolate and hot coffee. It’s also good with Nocello®, a walnut liqueur.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup freshly brewed strong coffee
- 3 ounces Frangelico liqueur
- garnish: whipped cream marshmallows, or a sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2 mugs
- Add 1 1/2 ounces of liqueur to each mug.
- Combine cocoa, sugar, milk, and coffee in a small saucepan. Heat until hot, but do not boil. Fill each mug with the hot mixture leaving room for whipped cream or one large marshmallow. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.