It’s the start of strawberry season here in Florida, and that’s evident with strawberries flooding the market just before Christmas. Chocolate covered strawberries are simple and quick, and, well, downright delicious. Pick large strawberries with long stems, if possible, but just about any strawberry will do. The price of large dipping strawberries is outrageous. I picked up about 40 average size strawberries for the price of 12 large, long stem dipping strawberries.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
- 3 dozen average size ripe strawberries
- 2 cups Hershey's Special Dark Mildly Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 paraffin wax
- Wash strawberries, but do not remove leaves and stems. Pat dry with a paper towel. Line a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- In the top of a double boiler, heat chocolate and wax until melted. Dip about 3/4 of strawberry in hot chocolate mix and place on wax paper. Repeat with remaining strawberries.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Substitute 2 tablespoons oil or shortening for the parafin wax, if desired.