It’s that time of year again when we make all of our Halloween fun foods to amaze and astonish our friends and family. So far, everything I’ve made this season has been a disaster. (You should see what I did to the eyeball cake pops.) Tomorrow’s a get-together at my mom and dad’s, so I threw together a few spooky treats. The kids will love them although I destroyed most of them during the decorating phase. Who’s going to know? They look like the kids helped decorate them, and that’s the story I’m going with. Besides, the ugly little guys are kind of cute.
Boo Brownies Recipe
- 1 package brownie mix 19.5 ounce
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- White frosting
- Orange black, green food color
- Black icing gel
- Decorator candy
- Halloween pumpkin and ghost or bat cookie cutters
- Combine brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water in a large bowl. Stir with a spoon for about 70 stokes. Pour mix into a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Bake brownies at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Divide frosting into three parts and color as desired.
- Turn brownie out on a cutting board; cut in half.
- Frost one half with orange frosting. Cut unfrosted half in two. Cover one part with white frosting and the other with green.
- Cut the green frosted brownie into equal sized squares.Cut pumpkin and ghost shapes in orange and white frosted brownie. Discard any leftover.
- Decorate the pumpkins by using decorator candy or black icing gel for the eyes and mouth, and green icing for the stem.
- Decorate the ghosts by applying black icing gel for the eyes and mouth.
- Use black icing gel for a monster mouth, decorator candy for the eyes, and licorice for the monster's hair.