31 Days of Halloween – Day 8
Bloody Pomegranate Cosmos Recipe
This recipe for bloody pomegranate cosmos is a spin on the classic cosmopolitan. The pomegranate juice replaces the traditional cranberry juice, and pomegranate seeds can be added for a special treat. After two drinks, Halloween party guests will believe they’re drinking vampire blood or the blood of some poor soul. After three drinks, they won’t care.
Bloody Pomegranate Cosmos
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 1/3 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 cup small ice cubes or shaved ice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds if desired
- In pitcher, mix pomegranate juice, vodka, liqueur, lime juice and simple syrup.
- Place ice in martini shaker or pitcher. Add enough pomegranate juice mixture to fill shaker. Shake or stir until blended. Pour into chilled stemmed glasses, straining out ice. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Source: Easy Halloween: Treats, Cupcakes, and More. Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks #349, 2011.