31 Days of Halloween – Day 23
These bloodcurdling brownie bites are a cut above the rest.
Bloodcurdling Brownie Bites Recipe
Here’s a fun recipe for turning basic brownies into frightful treats. I made a few bloodcurdling brownie bites for the two of us, and I started with a box of Duncan Hines® Chewy Fudge Mini Brownies brownie mix. It makes 12 mini brownies, and the brownie liners are included in the box. These brownies can be made in less than an hour, and the novelty of the candy decoration gets everyone’s attention.
Bloodcurdling Brownie Bites
- 1 box Duncan Hines® Chewy Fudge Mini Brownies brownie mix 7 oz
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 brownie liners
- 12 Wilton Knife Royal Icing decorations
- Wilton red decorating gel
- Whipped icing white
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together egg white, vegetable oil, water, and brownie mix (about 50 strokes).
- Place brownie liners on cookie sheet; fill each liner about half full.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Add about a tablespoon of whipped frosting to top of each brownie. Add decorator gel, then insert candy knife.