Biscotti are one of the many kinds of cookies we usually bake for our holiday celebrations. Amaretti biscotti with almonds and anise biscotti are my favorites. Serve with a cup of hot coffee and a shot of Sambuca; the perfect breakfast.
Amaretti Biscotti with Almonds Recipe
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter with sugar on low-speed. Add eggs one at a time; mix well. Add the amaretto and almonds, and mix on low-speed just until blended. Add flour, baking powder, and salt to the mixture. Mix just until blended.
- With lightly floured hands, divide the dough into 2 parts, and form logs about 10-12 inches long and about 2 inches wide. Place on backing sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer the loves to a cooling rack. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Use a serrated knife and slice each log into 1/2-inch pieces. Return to baking sheet and bake for 15 more minutes, or until cookies are crisp and toasty. Allow to cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container.